Need to dispense up to 2" pressure sensitive tape automatically?
Not all dispensers are equal. The M1000 set the standard for quality and others joined in to mimic and copy. How to tell the difference? Check for the Start Hologram Label to insure you get the REAL M1000 manufactured by ELM.
Over the years Start International has taken the standard dispenser and modified it to handle an assortment of different types of pressure sensitive tapes and materials. The best way to determine the best unit is to fill out a material evaluation sheet and forward a sample roll of material to us for testing.
Modifications are available:
B = Modified advancement roller for extra narrow tapes (1/8" / 3.2mm)
C = Modified cutting head for flimsy and glass cloth tapes
D = Modified circuit board for minimum length setting of .2" (5mm)
E = Dual sensor cutting head that allows for the dispensing of 2 rolls of tape
K = Puts a crease in thin tapes that have a tendency to curl up
T = Thin-tape dispenser for very thin and difficult to dispense tapes
NM = Modified with special flat tape advancement roller for protective films
Unless noted each model offers the following specs:
- Tape Width: .28" (7mm) to 2.0" (50.8mm)
- Cut Length: .79" (20mm) to 39" (999mm)
- Max Roll Diameter: 7" (Optional Stands Available)
- Standard Core Holder: New 3 way core offers 3 sizes standard.
- Accuracy of Cut: +/- .04" (1mm) - (Most materials)
- Dimensions: 9.7" x 5.4"x 5.9" LWH
- Electrical Requirements: 115v <1 amp.
- Modes of operation: Manual (Push button each time), Random or Automatic (Take one, get one)
- Optional Counters and Foot Switches Available.
Looking for a faster way to use PVC tapes to seal cartons? We recommend either using tape guns or automatic case sealers. If you try to use a counter top automatic dispenser like the M1000 for taping boxes, the tape is too difficult to handle and sticks to everything once dispensed. On standard type RSC cartons you need 3 hands. One to hold the flaps down, 2 to manipulate the tape to position it on the flaps. If you are looking to speed up your operation, use a gummed tape dispenser.