Cyklop CMT Series
- Before using this machine read all the instructions. They contain important information on installation, safety, use and maintenance.
- Keep a copy of this information for any further reference. It's customer responsibility to make sure that the personnel who will use the machines reads and understands this information.
- The builder (manufacturer) cannot be made responsible for eventual damage to people, animals or thing deriving from non observation of the safety norms and the warnings here contained.
- Follow the safety and prevention rules for accidents and fires issued by the competent authorities, such as the eventual recommendations of industrial associations and trade unions in terms of personal safety.
- This tape dispenser is designed and manufactured only to dispense gummed tape. A different use from that advised is not considered specific. Cyklop will not assume any responsibility following an improper use of the machine.
- After unpacking check the integrity of the machine. In case of doubt do not use the machine and inquire directly to the reseller.
- Never touch or operate the machine with wet hands or barefoot. (If optional heater installed)
- If optional heater is installed, do not leave on for long periods of time when not in use.
- Keep the machine away from children and from personnel who are not authorized or adequately instructed in the use of it.
- The use of the machine, as prescribed by the builder also includes the respect of the rules of inspection maintenance and repair.
- When the optional top heater kit is mounted some parts of the machine reach dangerous temperatures and therefore they should NEVER be touched with the hands. In fact, with the machine working the top heater reaches a high temperature (100ºC or 212ºF).
- Keep the machine always in good status, cleaned and dry.
- The machine works better in places not particularly wet and we do not advise the usage in places too much wet. Working with gummed paper in wet places can raise some problems, rather working in dry places.
1 Tension Spring
2 Black Scale Mark
3 Clamping Nut
4 Red Scale Mark
6 Water Tank
7 Water Bottle
8 Bottle Holder
Note: In case of heater kit (optional), this is to be placed on the water tank (6).
Preparation (for use)
Mounting the water tank.
- Before using a new dispenser, wash the moistening brushes with water and soap. Rinse it with water.
- After inserting the brush in the water tank, mount the water tank itself. (Mounting stages from E to H: fig. 4a and 4b)
- With the right hand place the lever straight up.
- Take the water tank with the left hand and insert the pivot in the proper seats on the sides as indicated by the arrow.
- Turn the water tank following the arrow directions till it touches the back part of the machine.
- Lower the water tank with brush till it locks into position. Release lever.
Removing and filling the Bottle.
- Before removing the bottle, make sure that it does not contain water, otherwise cover the filling hole with a finger to avoid outlet of water.
- Turn the bottle and fill it through the hole with clean water. Put a finger on the hole and replace the bottle in its housing with the hole on the tank.
- SUGGESTION: the machine must work with drinkable water. Do not use hard water (with carbonates), for safeguarding some parts we suggest demineralised water. Dry the parts once wet.
Control of Moistening and Water Level
- Adjust the moistening of tape according to the quality of glue and paper.
- To increase or decrease the water quantity in the tank, and therefore on paper, adjust the level on minimum, maximum, medium (3 levels). Do not exceed in wetting the tape. Usually the medium level is enough.
Placing the moving plate.
- Insert the moving plate with the bent part facing up on its housing placed under the white wheel, pushing it till it stops.
- Depending on the type of gummed paper, the roller (9) should be placed in position A for paper with glue facing out and in position B for paper with glue facing in. The roller is to be placed between the sides inserting it first in the left side slot and then in the right side one.
Inserting Roller. (Fig. 6)
Rolls of gummed paper can be rolled in two different ways:
a) With glue facing out, or
b) With glue facing in.
Depending on the type of gummed paper, the roller (9) should be placed in position A for paper with glue facing out and in position B for paper with glue facing in. The roller is to be placed between the sides inserting it first in the left side slot and then in the right side one.
Loading of Tape Roll.
- Adjust roll guide plates (L) to width of tape and place in their seats. Insert the tape in the guide plates so the the paper comes out turned towards the front part (blades) with gummed side down. Insert the gummed tape under the moving plate pushing it all the way.
- Make sure that the moving plate presses on the tape.
- After inserting the tape and having followed the above instructions, the machine is ready.
Setting the tape length.
- The paper is cut when the lever is pulled forward bringing the black mark on the desired length on the corresponding scale (black).
- It is possible to set a second cutting length ("H" type of closing, different size boxes, etc.) This length, longer than the first one, can be set by releasing the clamping nut (3) and positioning the red scale mark (4) on the desired length. (See Fig. 1)
Cutting of tape.
- The cutting is done when the lever is released in rest position. If you need very short lengths (10-20 cm.) the lever has not enough speed to make the cutting possible. In this case you should tense the tension spring (1) with the apposite ring. (See Fig. 1)
- For a correct distribution do not pull on the lever but uniformly. When the desired length is reached let the lever go into the original position; do not help it with the hands.
Pressure of paper on the brush.
- For light types of paper (60/70 gr. m2) bring the weight (6) back towards the blade. (Kraft plain paper tapes)
- For the heavier types of paper (oltre 70 gr. m2) move the weight all the way forward. (Kraft reinforced gummed paper tapes)
Jamming of the paper against the water trough. (w/Heater)
- If the tape jams (light type of paper), take off the weight which is fixed with a screw on the top heater; for heavier types of tape unscrew and rotate the weight placing the bent part on the front part of top heater.
- After having used the machine, always turn the heater off and unplug the machine.
Maintenance and Care
- Our tools are safe. Repairs have to be made either at our assistance centres or by specialized personnel. Improper repairs could cause accidents to the user. Use only original parts.
- Maintenance should be carried out once a month by adequately trained personnel.
Periodical Maintenance and Care.
- Wash the brush at least once a week with warm water and soap. Rinse it properly.
Attention!!! Danger of burning with optional top heater that can reach a temperature of 100ºC.
- Grease with an oil can (just a drop) the cutting blades at least once a month.
- Do not grease or oil the rubber wheel: clean it with water or alcohol at least once a month. The wheel can be reached from the front by taking off the brush tank.
- When removing the bottle, cover the filling hole with a finger to avoid loss of water.
- Clean the water trough, after its removal, with warm water and soap once a month.
Attention!!! When you remove the heater, danger of burning with top heater.
Heater Cleaning: Never use water or liquids.
- Clean once a month, only the outside surface of the heater close to the brush with a cloth wet with decalcified product. In case of lime crustings, remove them with a very fine abrasive cloth or with a thin blade without scratching or damaging the surface. If there are many crustings, replace the heater. We advise the replacing of the heater after 3500 hours of working.